Lexical suffix –épleɁ (w/ stressed-stem, –pleɁ), outward connection, is locational and derivational. It expresses an outwardly primal connection. This includes a literal and figurative distinction. The literal is physical representations including things like a handle, lead, peninsula, etc. The figurative includes interactions with authority or hierarchy, rule, law, etc.
Lexical suffix –épleɁ is a compound: –ep, base, primal; –el, body connected; –eɁ, outward expression.
- mlmlk̓ʷépleɁ, male animal.
- čox̌ʷmépleɁ, fishing line, to be on parole.
- es-čmaw̓pleɁ, handle is broken.
- čc̓mépleɁ, peninsula.
- čx̌enépleɁ, to forbid with authority.
- sčc̓x̌ʷx̌ʷépleɁtn, rules, law.