Lexical suffix, -útyeɁ (also, -útiyeɁ), makeshift, is derivational and stative. It indicates a haphazard, temporary, or makeshift object, literal or figurative as referenced by the stem-word. This suffix indicates and includes all things or ideas that seemly have a hardy exterior or possess a temporary able state.
Lexical suffix -útyeɁ is a compound of, –ut, able state, and -eyeɁ, appears to be, pretends to be.
- t̕iimútyeɁ – dew.
- ɬx̌ʷmútyeɁ – sewn together quickly. (there is no hemming and/or the stitching is loose thus leaving gaps or holes)
- kʷnmútyeɁ – hug; hold temporarily. (an impersonal hug)
- ččn̓mútyeɁ – lead to move a little. (i.e., readjusting s.o.’s position, etc.)
- x̌ccmútyeɁ – become traveling partners for a short period.
- k̓ʷl̕mútyeɁ – make/do something haphazardly.
- sqʷmátyeɁ – coin.
- q̓ymútyeɁ – tipi. (also, q̓ymu)
- kʷnutyeɁm – to catch temporarily, to grab temporarily.
- ies kʷnutyeɁm – I am grabbing it temporarily.
- kʷnutyeɁn – I grabbed it temporarily.