- Neutral Transitive, -nt
- Unstressed Root -nt.
- Stressed Root -nt
- Causative, -st
The transitive and causative suffixes are in the valence slot of the Derivational Stem.
- Transitive Suffixes: -nt, -st, -ɬul
The Grammatical Relation is the subject object relation. Person is 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Number is singular, plural. These suffixes in the GR-PER-NUM slot of the Inflectional Stem.
- Object suffixes: -em, -um, -m, -ci
- Object proclitics: qʷo, qeɁ
- Subject suffixes: -es, -s, -exʷ, -en, -ep, -t, -lt
- Subject proclitic: qeɁ
What is the difference between transitive and causative?
- Demirdache, Hamida. 1997. ‘Out of Control’ in Salish and Event (De)composition. University of British Columbia.
- Willet, Marie, 2003. A Grammatical Sketch ofNxa’amxcin (Moses-Columbia Salish). Dissertation. University of Victoria, British Columbia.