stem̓ – What?
S-tem̓ is the nominalized form of tem̓, what use?
tem̓, what use? Take care of what? It’s have responsibility for what?
- tem̓tn, what is it used for?
- tem̓mn, what do I do with it?
- tem̓mis, what does s/he do with it?
Stem̓ and the reduplicated form, stm̓tem̓ is used as a place holder, when a speaker does not know or cannot remember a more precise word, or when a speaker chooses to generalize or be vague.
- ta stem̓, nothing
- tɁe stem̓, something
- ta pistem̓, never
- x̌ʷa stem̓, some thing, not sure?
- x̌ʷa stem̓ u k̓ʷʕnten, I bit something.
- stem̓ ɬiše l̕ šušweɬ, What is that on the road?
- t stem̓ u es susti, What is s/he drinking?
- ta esmistén stem̓ ɬu esk̓ʷul̕ms, I don’t know what s/he is doing.
- tl̕ stem̓ u esk̓ʷul̕, what is it made of?
- ac̓x̌n stem̓ ɬu sck̓ʷul̕s, I looked at what s/he made?
- stem̓ ɬu asnɁemtéw̓sm, what are you waiting for?
- n̓em stem̓ ɬu nk̓ʷen̓is, what will s/he choose?
- stem̓ aspuus, what is your heart? What is your thinking? What are your thoughts? What’s on your mind?
x̌ʷl̕ stem̓, why? For what?